Saturday 6 December 2008

R-Patz Ignored By Girls???

Robert Pattinson

'Twilight' actor Robert Pattinson insists girls weren't interested in him a year ago.

The 22-year-old actor - who plays teenage vampire heartthrob Edward Cullen in the new film, based on Stephanie Meyer's hit book - is now greeted by legions of screaming fans at premieres across the world, despite being largely ignored by the opposite sex as he was growing up.

Robert said: "It's funny, but about a year ago I'd talk to girls and no one would be interested. Really, it's true, and then when it was announced I would be in 'Twilight' and the book's author gave me her seal of approval, everyone seemed to change their mind. The attention I get now is just mind bending."

When Robert was initially given the part, as a virtually unknown British actor - his only previous big roles were in 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' and 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' - he claims there was a huge backlash against his casting.

Really, it's true, and then when it was announced I would be in 'Twilight' and the book's author gave me her seal of approval, everyone seemed to change their mind

He explained: "The turning point came as soon as Stephanie Meyer had given me her support, the tone changed overnight. Suddenly everybody loved me!"

This is a thing of the past with celebrities such as Hilary Duff eyeing him up!!!

No comments: